Saturday, November 21, 2015

proffff

Mourinho rules out January spending spree

Jose Mourinho insists he will not ask
the Chelsea board to strengthen his
squad when the transfer window
reopens in January.
The manager is currently working to
halt his side’s alarming decline this
season just months after they were
crowned champions in May.
A woeful start to the season means
Mourinho’s side face Norwich City this
weekend in 16th place, with the
prospects of recovering to challenge
for a top four finish already slim just
12 games into the Premier League
season.
Chelsea’s campaign has so far been
marked by the loss of form of a
number of key players and reports of
dressing room unrest.
But Mourinho claims he is happy with
the group and does not need to take
action in January to restore unity at
the club.
The manager said: “I will not ask for
any changes. I will not ask the board in
January. I’m happy with the players. I
trust the players.
“I don’t need to clean the dressing
room, as I heard was written
somewhere. And I don’t need to ask
the club to spend money in January.
“We put ourselves in a great situation
together by being champions. We put
ourselves together in this situation in
the Premier League; we have to be
together, again, to put it right.”
Mourinho’s own position has been
placed under scrutiny but Michael
Emenalo, the club’s technical director,
went public this week to confirm the
Portuguese retains the full backing of
the board.
— ‘There is trust’ —
The manager reacted by insisting he
never doubted he had the club’s
support and believes he and the
players will soon reward the board for
their loyalty.
Mourinho, who signed a new, four-
year contract earlier this year, said:
“Nothing that went public is something
I don’t know before.
“And, again, we were champions four
months ago. Not four years ago. Or 10
years ago. The manager is the same.
The players are basically the same too.
“Nobody gives a four-year contract
four months ago if they don’t trust the
person.
“Nobody gives new contracts to
players, like we did to so many of them
in the last couple of months, if we
don’t trust the players.
“There is trust. And there are reasons
for that trust. But, obviously, the
power in the end is with the owner and
the board, and I think the same way
they show to me and the players that
they trust us, I think it’s time also for
us to give a positive answer.”
The manager maintains his side’s
performances have improved even if
results have continued to be
disappointing.
But Mourinho remains confident the
team will turn things around.
He added: “We are working hard and
fighting together, so we deserve it.
Lots of matches are coming now, four
months without national teams.
“Four months with the three most
beautiful competitions to play. The FA
Cup is starting for us. The Premier
League and the Champions League.
Lots of matches to play.
“In a couple of weeks Radamel Falcao
will come back from injury. Thibaut
Courtois in December, too. The
situation is good in the squad. We
really believe that good things are
waiting for us.”

proffff

About proffff -

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :